Lot of two illustrated reference books dedicated to the visit of Tsar Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, and the Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna in France, October 1896:
1 - Le TSAR ET LA TSARINE EN FRANCE - OCTOBER 1896:
* bound book (19.5 x 29 cm), red percaline cardboard binding, cover with weapons of the Russian empire.
* 230 pages with numerous black and white illustrations.
* éditions des Librairies-Imprimeries réunies, Paris
* binding in used condition; smooth spine is slightly detached; interior is clean and complete.
2 - CHERBOURG PARIS CHALONS / 5 - 9 OCTOBER 1896
* bound book (23 x 31 cm), red percaline cardboard binding, decorated with weapons of the Russian empire and French republic.
* 216 pages with several black and white and colour illustrations
* gilded edges
* éditions: Journal Le Temps à Paris and Le Nouveau Temps à Saint-Petersbourg
* binding in decent condition despite rubbing marks (see photos); interior is clean and complete.
Both books are complete, published immediately after the Tsar and Tsarina’s visit (circa 1896-97) and are in a very acceptable condition.
Secure and protected worldwide shipping.
The packaging and shipping fees are due to how heavy these two volumes are together.
- Book, Lot 2 books Le Tsar et la Tsarine en France October 1896 Cherbourg Paris Châlons
- Country of Origin
- Franco-Russian Alliance France Russia
- Year of Manufacture
- Fair condition
- Original/ Replica
- Comes with certificate of authenticity