Geinoh Yamashirogumi (芸能山城組) - Osorezan/Doh No Kembai (恐山／銅之剣舞)
1. Geinoh Yamashirogumi (芸能山城組) - Osorezan/Doh No Kembai (恐山／銅之剣舞) (1976) FULL ALBUM (Victor – SF-10056) made in Japan 1976 original first pressing Promo LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-) comes with OBI and insert | Jacket is gold foiled. White Victor labels with dog/phonograph. White labeled PROMO copy
Geinoh Yamashirogumi (Japanese: 芸能山城組, is a Japanese musical collective founded on January 19, 1974 by Tsutomu Ōhashi, consisting of hundreds of people from all walks of life: journalists, doctors, engineers, students, businessmen, etc.
Geinoh Yamashirogumi logo
They are known for both their faithful re-creations of folk music from around the world, as well as their fusion of various traditional musical styles with modern instrumentation and synthesizers. For example, in the 1980s, MIDI digital synthesizers could not handle the tuning systems of traditional Indonesian gamelan music, so the group had to teach themselves how to program in order to modify their equipment. The album that followed, Ecophony Rinne (1986) was a new direction for the group: they had not previously incorporated computer-generated sounds into their work. The success of this album brought them to the attention of Katsuhiro Ōtomo, who commissioned them to create the soundtrack of Akira. The soundtrack is built on the concept of recurrent themes or "modules". Texturally, the soundtrack is a mix of digital synthesizers (Roland D-50 and Yamaha DX7-II, both of which could, by then, be tuned to the Pure-Minor, slendro, and pelog tuning scales), Indonesian chromatic percussion (jegog, etc.), traditional Japanese theatrical and spiritual music (Noh), European classical, and progressive rock.
Geinoh Yamashirogumi has reproduced over eighty different styles of traditional music and performances from around the world, but despite having performed internationally to a high degree of critical acclaim, they remain relatively unknown.
- More than 3 artists/bands
- Artist/ Band (max 3)
- Geinoh Yamashirogumi (芸能山城組) (Psychedelic Rock)
- Multiple Titles
- Record Title
- Osorezan/Doh No Kembai (恐山／銅之剣舞)
- Nr of items
- Media Source
- LP Album
- Release Country
- Release year (oldest)
- Release year (youngest)
- Near Mint (NM)
- 1st Pressing, Promo pressing
- (gatefold 4-sided printed insert + OBI)
- Record Label
- Record Label Number