1. Typed envelope, addressed to Ronald Breugelmans. 9.1 x 17.9 cm. Postal cancellation 'R. des Renaudes 17h45 9-6 1975'. Sender 'Hermans 18 rue Théodole Ribot 75017 Paris'.
2. Sylvia Willink, Handwritten letter to 'Geachte heer Baartse'. 14 lines of text. On his own stationery. Signed 'Sylvia Willink' and dated '25 July 94'. In the original envelope.
* Baartse had wanted to interview Sylivia Willink about the bronze head she made of Hermans in 1981, but 'W.F. Hermans is not very pleased with your magazine, and I therefore do not give an interview'. She does reminisce about the posing sessions.
3. Freddy de Vree, Handwritten postcard to "Beste Hans." Signed "freddy de vree," undated.
* De Vree was once called by Ad Fransen who wanted to make a book about W.F. Hermans in Paris. "I told him then that I was one of the few who knew him less than superficially."
4. Empty linen binding by Geert van Oorschot, Hierbij de hele god in proef. Brieven aan Willem Frederik Hermans - 2003
5. Original black and white photo by Hans Franck. 13.0 × 17.7 cm. On the back a copyright and address stamp of Monika Franck. 1951. Later print. In original envelope, sent to Dirk Baartse. With handwritten note from the photographer.
* Hermans, slightly slumped on a chair, during the meeting of the Gruppe 47 in Bad Dürkheim in May 1951. Adriaan Morriën, who had invited Hermans, sits next to him. Guusje Morriën sits at the same table. Behind Hermans, Heinrich Böll stares to the ground.
6. Two colour photos by J.A. Luiken). In mat with oval recess. 24.9 x 20.3 cm, image size 17.4 x 12.2.
- Book related object
- Number of Books
- Bindings, Biography, Literature, Manuscripts, Photography
- Author/ Illustrator
- Willem Frederik Hermans
- Book Title
- Een envelop, 3 foto's, een boekband en meer curiosa
- Mixed / Multiple
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Multiple Books / Editions
- Original language