Roman Empire - Lot comprising three bronze coins:
1 . - Diva Faustina, bronze Sestertius (20.50 g, 32-35 mm.)
Minted in Rome after her death in 141 A.D.
Obv.: DIVA FAVSTINA Draped bust to r. with hair piled on top of her head and bound with strands of pearls.
Rev.: IVNO S C Juno standing to l., holding patera in r. hand and sceptre in l. hand. S -C in field.
RIC 1143. C. 210. BMC 1531.
2. - Vespasian (AD 69-79). AE Dupondius. Rome mint. Struck AD 74.
Obv.: Laureate head right /
Rev.: Winged caduceus between two crossed cornucopiae.
RIC II 756; RPC II 1982; McAlee 368.
3. - Nero (54-68 A.D.), bronze as (10.33 g., 27 mm.) from Rome mint, 64 A.D.
NERO.CLAVD CAESAR.AVG.GER P.M.TR.P.IMP P.P. head of Nero to left.
VICTORIA AVGVSTI / S - C Victory walking to left, holding wreath in her right hand and palm branch with her left.
Please see the photos for a better impression.
- Roman Empire
- Nominal Value
- Lot comprising three coins :
- As, Dupondius and Sestertius
- Year/Period and Variation
- - Nero (54-68 A.D.) - Vespasian (AD 69-79) - Diva Faustina (+141 A.D.)
- Precious metals
- No. of items
- Various conditions