Very interesting and rare printing plate, which depicts, among other things, Jesus Christ after his ascension, surrounded by 2 angels who show the Instruments of the Passion.
This metal printing plate is mounted on wood.
Objects depicted in agony include:
1) The spear with which Jesus was pierced after his death on the cross.
2) The wine vinegar sponge that was offered as a drink.
3) The cane, rooster, cloak, dice, whipping post, nails, hammer, ladder, and other instruments.
The scene under Jesus probably represents the storm that arose after his death on the cross, but it could also represent the Day of Judgment.
Data on the printing plate:
The height is 10.8 cm.
The width is 7.8 cm.
The thickness including wood is 2.3 cm.
The weight is 219 grams.
Condition: good, but some signs of old age and signs of wear.
Will be sent with Track & Trace.
- Printing plate - Christ after his Ascension - Surrounded by 2 Angels showing the Arma Christi
- White Metal
- Estimated Period
- 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes