A special and valuable luxury set by manufacturer Rosenthal Studio-Linie Germany in a mint-green colour in good condition. The ‘Flash One’ series from the 1980s is a design by American artist Dorothy Hafner (1952).
The lot consists of:
1. Two flat side plates - A 16.5 cm diameter. One has a tiny chip, see the pre-last photo with the red arrow.
2. Two flat breakfast dishes - 19.5 cm in diameter.
3. Two flat dinner plates - A 27 cm diameter.
5. Two soup dishes - A diameter of 21.5 cm.
Dorothy Hafner (1952) is an American ceramist and glass artist. Hafner was born in Woodbridge, Connecticut. She founded the firm Art in Dining in New York City in 1979 and designed porcelain tableware for companies such as Neiman Marcus and Tiffany & Co and since 1982 also for Rosenthal.
Her work received numerous awards and prizes. Hafner started her career as a ceramist, though has focussed exclusively on glasswork since 1997. Two of her works are in the collection of the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Source: Wikipedia.
The condition is in accordance with age and use, such as some minor scratches and stains.
Please see the photos for a good impression.
Will be properly packaged and shipped by registered mail via PostNL Parcel Service, both domestic and abroad. Please pay a visit to our Catawiki page catawiki.grooveydesign.nl with more vintage design lots.
- No. of items
- Designer/ Artist
- Dorothy Hafner
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Model/ Name
- Studio-Linie - ‘Flash One’ serie
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes