Russian icon depicting the twelve festivals.
1) Saint Anna Nativity of Mary
2) Presentation of the Virgin Mary at the Temple
5) Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
6) Baptism of Jesus
7) Jesus' entry into Jerusalem
8) Jesus in the garden of Getsemani
12) Dormition of the Mother of God
In the middle in two ovals:
Ascension to heaven
Descent to the Underworld
On the four corners are the 4 Evangelists: St.Matthew, St.Mark, St.John, St.Luke
Total 104 figures.
The icon has been restored several times by an expert in the area.
- Feastday, Wood
- Estimated Period
- 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes
- 43×37×4 cm