458 pages plus 2 pages of a table of contents (see image).
Full marbled calfskin binding
Spine with 5 raised bands, gilded titling, adorned with tooled golden fleurons and
motifsAll edges red. Marbled endpapers. Green bookmark ribbon.
Some rubbing on the leather with the volume number on the spine nearly rubbed off.
The subject is the proofs of the theory of the earth.
One of the most important works in the sphere of natural science (a total of 44 volumes written between 1749 and 1804, including 8 after Buffon’s death in 1788).
- Number of Books
- Natural History, Science (general)
- Author/ Illustrator
- Georges Louis Leclerc, comte de Buffon
- Book Title
- Histoire Naturelle et Particulière, avec la Description du Cabinet du Roi, Tome Second
- Publication year oldest item
- Original language
- L'Imprimerie Royale, Paris
- Binding/ Material
- Number of pages
- 16.5×10 cm