XXXVIII, 388 pp. Tinted frontisp., 19 tinted plates (2 with brown inkspot on the top, without touching the images), 23 handcoloured woodengravings, numerous small and larger ills. in the text.
Half calf, spine damaged, front board loose, boards worn. First part quite some loose pages and quires. A rather mediocre copy, needs rebinding, but with beautiful illustrations.
* Jean-Emmanuel-Marie Le Maout (29 December 1799, Guingamp – 23 June 1877, Paris) was a French naturalist.
In 1842, Le Maout qualified as a physician at the University of Paris, where he became a demonstrator of natural sciences in the Faculty of Medicine. Later he gave private lessons in literature and natural history.
** This lot is part of an important collection that will be auctioned in the coming months through the Catawiki Collection Service. If you also need assistance to sell your collection at auction, ask for our terms directly at this seller's account!
- Number of Books
- Biology, Botany, Natural History
- Author/ Illustrator
- Emm. Le Maout
- Book Title
- Botanique . organographie et Taxonomie. Histoire naturelle des familles végétales et des [...]
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Paris, L. Curmer
- Binding/ Material
- Half leather
- Hand coloured illustrations
- 28×19 cm