2 Rare books on the Art of David Wojnarowicz.
1. 'Fever, The Art of David Wojnarowicz', New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York, Jan-April 1999, Organised by Dan Cameron. This wonderful posthumous exhibition of the work of Mr Wojnarowicz encouraged the New York Times to state that Wojnarowicz was probably the most important artist of the second half of the 20th Century. I must say, that having been there, I concur. This catalogue is a wonderful record of that important show. A more recent Guardian article stated: "More than 25 years after he died of Aids, one of the most fearless artists is being remembered at four different exhibitions" (in NY and Madrid). Apparently his fearlessness is becoming more universally recognised.
2. 'Seven Miles a Second' also published posthumously in 1996 is a comic book written by the artist himself, telling his own quite devastating, and colourful, story, that of an outsider in a time of plague.
These books make a nice introduction to this important artist.
Both are in 'Very Good' condition with shelf-wear to the covers.
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- David Wojnarowicz
- Book Title
- Fever: The Art of David Wojnarowicz / Seven Miles a Second
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Multiple Books / Editions
- Original language
- New Museum of Contemporary Art
- Binding/ Material