- you are bidding on a butterfly chair type 7 by Arne Jacobsen, made by Fritz Hansen in Denmark, in 2004
- the legs are equipped with plastic caps to prevent the floor from scratching
- the base is chrome-plated
- colour: teak
- the chair, both seat and base, is in very good condition, minor signs of wear are visible, but these are certainly not disturbing
Danish designer and nature lover Arne Jacobsen designed the butterfly chair in 1953 (3107). It became one of the bestselling chairs ever made. Nowadays, multiple variations of this icon are available and the collection is called 'Series 7' by design manufacturer Fritz Hansen.
One of the reasons this chair has become so successful is the ergonomic design, which gives the butterfly chair an unexpectedly high seating comfort. But in all its simplicity and elegance, the chair is also very attractive in terms of appearance. Due to the large selection of colours and finishes, this chair can be used in various interiors and surroundings.
The seat itself consists of curved veneer wood and comes in various colours and finishes (lacquer, wood grain, maple, beech, etc.). The chair can also be upholstered with leather or another type of upholstery. This versatile design, which seems to have a timeless character, has various options. Arne Jacobsen designed a great icon and he probably never realised what kind of impact his designs would have on a future generation of designers. Other examples of his successful designs are: 'the egg, 'swan' and 'ant'.
- Designer/ Artist
- Arne Jacobsen
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Fritz Hansen
- Model/ Name
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes