Introduction by Michel Tapie
Les Editions Du Chene, Paris, 1957.
Limited edition of 1950 copies.
A superb and rare Dali monograph, still retaining the original French wrappers. Carefully preserved by previous owner with additional protective covering.
The monograph is complete and includes:
- 11 pages of introductory text my Michel Tapie
- 16 full colour reproductions plus one on the cover. All tipped in and mounted and of excellent quality.
- a 5 page biography which includes many personal Dali photos, including from childhood, at his easel and with with various people, including The Pope.
The 17 plates include famous works of Dali, such as
-La Harpe Invisible Fine Et Moyenne
-Spectre De La Libido
-Le Chevalier De La Mort
-Madone De Port-Lligat
-Le Christ En Croix
-La Cene; and
-Nature Morte Vivante.
Condition: There is foxing due to age, most evident in the first and last few pages, including on mount of Plate I (last photo). But the artworks are not affected. Otherwise it is a very beautiful copy. The photos provided reflect the condition well.
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Salvador Dali, Michel Tapie
- Book Title
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- Edition of 1950 copies
- 37.5×28 cm