Stunning “Wager Cups” in sterling silver dating back to the George III period.Shaped as standing female figures with long, aristocratic dresses, richly engraved with floral decorations. Their upraised arms hold the side handles of a small gimbal-type drinking cup that swivel in a bracket frame.
The woman's wide skirt is a fixed cup upside down.
Hallmarks on the edges include:
- Hallmarks of the importer silversmith
- Silver fineness hallmark: a Lion Passant (= sterling silver)
- A leopard’s head (London, England)
With additional commemorative words for Princess Anne's wedding in 1973.
Dimensions: 20 cm.
Weight: 545 grams.
With certificate of authenticity and warranty issued by the Gallery Store.
Tracked shipping via insured mail.
- A superb sterling silver wager cup
- Estimated Period
- Early 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes
- 545 kg