Antique Isfahan in its original condition, natural dyes abrash• It is in very good condition for its age, fringes are very short, 800,000 knots per sq. meter, It is cleaned by shampoo.(Please look at the pictures).
• Collectors item
• NR. 2635
• The rug was exported from Iran before Jan. 2015.
• Knot density is 800,000 knots/m².
• Country of Origin: Persia (Iran)
• Item condition: very good condition for its age, fringes are very short
• Size: approx. 90 cm X 69 cm
• Pile: Kork wool
• Chain: 100% pure cotton
• Quality: Very good, very fine.
• Processing: Guaranteed hand made
Fast and secure shipping via TNT/GLS. With tracking number in order to locate the parcel at any moment!
Additional costs for shipping to islands (Corsica, Sicily, etc.).
Isfahan weavers of the 16th century were influenced by other important art forms including calligraphy, bookbinding, and mosaic work. During this era, the royal city’s Persian carpet designers introduced distinctively curvilinear, delicate floral forms and the refined classical antique carpet designs such as the arabesque, scroll, vine interlacement, vase, and hunting motifs.
The high knot density antique carpets in which Isfahan excelled continued to be woven in the late 19th and 20th centuries, maintaining the original inspiration and attention to refinement and detail. The finest materials were procured and utilized including silk, lamb’s wool (called kerke), and jewel-toned natural dyes to create collectible, investment-level antique Isfahan rugs.
- 90 cm
- 69 cm
- Kork wool on silk
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- First half 20th century
- Overall in good condition
- Rug professionally cleaned