We could call this lot ‘Grunberg for beginners’. Because the best way to start collecting, is with no less than 4 first editions. By the way, this also applies to those who do not intend to collect works by Grunberg, but would like to read something from him. And of course, the best work of renowned authors is often their first work. Judge for yourself. This lot consists of:
1. Blauwe Maandagen. This debut novel by Arnon Grunberg appeared as a paperback in May 1994 and was awarded the Anton Wachter Prize and the Gouden Ezelsoor. 272 pp. The book seems a bit skewed, but that is probably because it got stuck somewhere, because it doesn't seem to be read and there are no reading folds in the spine. The bottom shows some shelf dust.
2. Figuranten. Published three years after the debut, in 1997. Jan Wolkers did the presentation of this publication. The 304-page hardcover with dust jacket was sold out in no time. It was an edition of only 1250 copies. The book offered here is still in excellent condition.
3. The cloth-bound number three, ‘Fantoompijn’, was also published in a limited edition. Only 750 copies appeared in April 2000. This is one of these copies. The book has probably been exposed to sunlight for a long time. The spine of the dust jacket therefore lost most of its colour. But grey is also beautiful. Otherwise a beautiful copy!
4. Last but not least: ‘De asielzoeker’. And, as you already guessed, very few copies of this fine cloth-bound edition of the novel were made in 2003. Only 1000 copies! This is one of them, in perfect condition. It has a bookseller's sticker on the first endpaper. It was neatly applied.
NOTE: Oliver B. Bumble and Tom Puss are not included in this lot.
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Arnon Grunberg
- Book Title
- De eerste 4 romans in 1ste druk
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Nijgh & Van Ditmar
- Binding/ Material
- Mix / Multiple
- Dust jacket, Limited edition