Perfectly crafted Fabergé figurine, a soldier from the Preobrazhensky Regiment. Original, St Petersburg, Henrik Wigström, 1899-1908. Literature: Geza von Habsburg, 'Fabergé. Then and now', p 42, fig 57.
- Faithfully recreated.
- From a German master’s studio.
- blue sapphires/eyes,
- petrified wood/face, throat, ears and hands,
- brown obsidian/moustache,
- black obsidian/hat, jacket, trousers and boots,
- synthetic coral/hat bands, collar, epaulettes, cuffs, chest section of the jacket,
- jasper/belt bag.
Detailed craftsmanship by the goldsmith.
Precious metals used:
- 18 K gold/hat embellishments, epaulettes, buttons, belt buckle,
- 18 K gold/medal, decoration and 21 g rifle,
- blackened silver/hat tuft, belt, bayonet,
- silver/medal, hat, cuff decoration, chest bands on the jacket,
Rifle: 12.7 cm
The human figures were made from Russian gemstones by Peter Carl Fabergé. In terms of works, these elaborate mosaics are among his most demanding. 50 different figures are known of. The originals hardly ever come onto the market. The few, that have been sold in recent decades, reached several million euros each. High-quality replicas are popular with collectors as an investment.
Maker’s mark EB in 18 K gold.
Will be shipped securely packaged and insured as high value goods with tracking.
- Soldier after Fabergé
- Handcrafted from gemstone with 18K gold
- Designer/ Artist
- Eberhard Bank
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Edelsteingraveur Idar-Oberstein
- Model/ Name
- Einzelanfertigung, Originalgetreu
- Estimated Period
- 21st century
- Country of Origin
- As new - unused
- 18.3×11×3 cm
- 283 g