Important emblematic work.
This book is the famous "Symbolographia sive de Arte Symbolica Sermones Septem" by Jacobus Boschius. This is the original historical edition of 1701 published by Johannes Caspar Bencard (see photo title page).
The book contains an outstanding 171 copper engravings by Johann Georg Wolfgang and Jacob Müller.
Collation of the copper engravings:
Part 1: 40
Part 2: 60
Part 3: 60
Part 4: 11
Before the numbered part, there are 17 sheets. The first of which is blank on the front and back (17 unnumbered sheets, 765 pp.).
About this book:
- Good condition of the pages and the copper engravings (see example photos).
- Good condition of the binding.
- Good condition of the binding, but the attached book clasps doesn’t work (see photo).
- on the first page and on the flyleaf small notes of a previous owner (see photos).
The book has been in the family for about 100 years.
- Number of Books
- Science (general)
- Author/ Illustrator
- Jacobus Boscius
- Book Title
- Symbolographia siva de arte symbolica sermones septem
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Johannes Caspar Bencard (Augsburg und Dillingen)
- Other - see description
- Number of pages
- 36×24 cm