Lot comprising 2 coins: Augustus (27 BC-AD 14) / Volusian (AD 251-253)
1. Augustus Æ As. Rome, 7 BC. M. Maecilius Tullus, moneyer. CAESAR AVGVST PON[T MAX TRIB POT, bare head to right / M MAECILIVS TVLLVS III AAAFF around large S•C. RIC I 435; C. 445; BMCRE 220. 11.13g, 27mm.
2. Volusian, AD 251-253. Sestertius (Orichalcum, 28mm, 20.34 g), Rome. IMP CAE C VIB VOLVSIANO AVG Laureate, draped and cuirassed bust of Volusian to right. Rev. CONCORDIA AVGG / S - C Concordia standing left, holding patera in her right hand and double cornucopiae in her left. Cohen 21. RIC 249a.
Online tracking available.
See images for correct impression.
- Roman Empire
- Lot comprising 2 coins (As / Sestertius)
- Year/Period and Variation
- Augustus (27 BC-AD 14) / Volusian (AD 251-253)