J.J. Barthelemy. Atlas Des Oeuvres Complètes.
Paris, A. Belin, Bossnage Père & Frères, 1822. Oblong small folio. Original half-leather cover. With title page and 69 maps (see detailed below). Good condition. Binding with light wear to spine and edges. Small piece of leather is missing on spine. Marbled endpapers. Interior mostly good. Paper slightly browned, sometimes with light spots. Two maps with image loss. One print is loose.
This beautiful atlas contains two parts:
The first part includes the maps and prints of Anacharsis's journey: 40 numbered maps on 39 sheets, with some errors in the numbering:
- no. 1-2 damaged, with significant image loss (see photos).
- 2 prints numbered 18, one of which should actually have number 20, according to the index.
- this print number 20 is loose.
- no. 22-23 is one map with two numbers
- no. 38 is mistakenly numbered 28.
The second part contains 29 miscellaneous prints relating to Antiquity in Greece and the Greek script. The prints are numbered 1-28 (there is one print 11 and a print 11-bis).
Will be sent insured.
- Number of Books
- History, Illustrated, Travels
- Author/ Illustrator
- J.J. Barthelemy
- Book Title
- Atlas Des Oeuvres Complètes
- Publication year oldest item
- Illustrated Edition
- Original language
- Parijs, A. Belin, Bossnage Père & Frères
- Binding/ Material
- Half leather
- Number of pages
- 22×29.5 cm