Assertionis Lutheranae confutatio, iuxta verum ac etiam originalem archetypum, nunc adunguem diligentissime recognita per Reverendissimum Patrem Ioannem Roffensem Episcopum, academiae Cantabrigien. Cancellarium.
360 ff [i.e. 720 pp]. Bound in 16th century vellum, but re-cased with modern endpapers. Repaired wormholes on title-page and final leaf; old Jesuit stamps on title-page.
With a few woodcut initials in text.
Early edition (first, 1523) of this important anti-Lutheran text by St. John Fisher, the Chancellor of Cambridge University. Fisher was a friend of Erasmus and opposed Henry VIII's divorce; he was subsequently executed in 1535.
Printed by a woman, Charlotte Guillard (d. 1557).
Fast, secure shipping by FedEx (less than 5 days from USA to Europe).
- Number of Books
- History, Politics, Religion
- Author/ Illustrator
- Guillard, Charlotte / Luther, Martin / St. John Fisher
- Book Title
- Assertionis Lutheranae confutatio recognita per Ioannem Roffensem episcopum, Academiae Cantabrigien
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition Thus
- Original language
- Paris: Charlotte Guillard
- Binding/ Material
- Number of pages
- 16×10 cm