Set of Roman small medical tools 4 pieces
Deriving their knowledge in from conquered areas, the Romans devised one of the best and most sophisticated medical systems of the ancient world.
The Roman army had permanent doctors and military hospitals, with one usually placed in each fort.
Medical knowledge and practice were advanced for the time, and the ancient Romans made progress in many areas.
The Romans encouraged the provision of public health facilities throughout the Empire. Their medicine developed from the needs of the battlefield.
The set consists of:
1 x Bronze ear-probe
1 x Bronze acus pin
1 x Bronze small scoop dicula
1 x Bronze denture pin
Bought In 2020 in the UK from antique dealer AHL. Company details are known to Catawiki. Documentation is located at dealer. Store is an official dealer and registered at the Chamber of Commerce
- the seller guarantees that he is entitled to send this lot and the item have legally come into my possession.
- the seller will ensure that the necessary permits are arranged. This item do not need an export license within the EU.
- the seller will inform the buyer if this takes more than a few days.
- items that originate from robbery, grave robbery or other illegal activities will not be offered.
- items will be sent within 48 hours after payment
- Ancient Roman
- Number of objects
- Roman bronze small medical tools 100 - 300 AD
- Century/ Timeframe
- 100-300 AD
- Good Condition, See Photo