Set of Roman medical tools 4 pieces
Deriving their knowledge in from conquered areas, the Romans devised one of the best and most sophisticated medical systems of the ancient world.
The Roman army had permanent doctors and military hospitals, with one usually placed in each fort.
Medical knowledge and practice were advanced for the time, and the ancient Romans made progress in many areas.
The Romans encouraged the provision of public health facilities throughout the Empire. Their medicine developed from the needs of the battlefield.
The set consists of:
2 x Bronze scoop spoon
1 x Bronze spatula
1 x Bronze instrumentum operandi
Box dimensions are 21cm x 21cm.
Bought In 2020 at an Antiquities dealer (DG England) that is full member of the Antiquities Dealers Association in England. Company details are known to Catawiki. Documentation is located at dealer.
- the seller guarantees that he is entitled to send this lot and the item have legally come into my possession.
- the seller will ensure that the necessary permits are arranged. This item do not need an export license within the EU.
- the seller will inform the buyer if this takes more than a few days.
- items that originate from robbery, grave robbery or other illegal activities will not be offered.
- items will be sent within 48 hours after payment
- Ancient Roman
- Number of objects
- Set Roman medical tools 100 - 300 AD In beautiful display box
- Century/ Timeframe
- 100-300 AD
- Good Condition, See Photo