Märklin H0 - 3769 - Electric Locomotive BR E-19, with eagle and (closed) swastika of the DRG
With original packaging but without the booklet.
Running number: E19 12
The model 3769 is an electric locomotive of the Series BR E19/119 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft (DRG) in red livery.
The model is digital and has a drum collector motor (DCM) with permanent magnet and a Märklin 6090 decoder with 8 dip switches for setting the address.
The decoder has 2 rheostats for setting the maximum speed and acceleration and deceleration delay.
Lighting consists of lightbulbs no. 610080.
The locomotive has three-point front-signal lighting that alternates with changes in direction of travel.
The model is 19.5 cm long and is fitted with close coupling backdrops.
Tested and fully functional.
Undamaged and no paintwork issues.
A stunning locomotive, especially when seen in combination with a number of streamlined carriages. Nowadays one struggles to find locomotives and carriages from ERA II, that naturally makes this a rather special Series E19. The Eagle with the (blanked out) Swastika on the locomotive will of course always remain controversial. The Series E19 was built for high speed passenger traffic. From the 1930s, streamlined carriages were built specifically for this purpose. The typical composition of a train with a Series E19 consists of a number of olive green streamlined carriages (for example the Märklin 43201, 43211, 43221 and 43231), a red Mitropa dining carriage (for example a Märklin 43241), and possibly a red Mitropa sleeper carriage (for example a Märklin 43251) and an olive green postal carriage (for example a Märklin 43261).
Please see the photos for an accurate impression of this lot.
The presentation rail is not included in the offer.
Electric locomotive Series E 19 / BR 119.
In 1938, four locomotives of the Series E 19 in burgundy livery were built based on the E 18, 2 at AEG and 2 at Siemens/Henschel. The locomotives built by AEG were given the running numbers: E 19 01 and E 19 02; and the locomotives built by Siemens/Henschel were given the running numbers: E 19 11 and E 19 12. All four locomotives were comprehensively tested and were finally given permanent deployment in 1939 and 1940 in regular services.
Development and deployment.
In 1937, the Deutsche Reichsbahn commissioned the construction of a new series of locomotives for the Berlin - Halle (Saale) - Munich routes, with a maximum speed of 180 km/h. On the slopes of the Frankenwaldbahn (with a maximum incline of 29% these locomotives were required to achieve a speed of at least 60 km/h. This maximum speed would have to be able to be increased to 200 km/h at a later stage. AEG and Siemens/Henschel each built 2 locomotives. The locomotives built by AEG were given the running numbers: E 19 01 and E 19 02; and the locomotives built by Siemens/Henschel were given the running numbers: E 19 11 and E 19 12. The Series E 19 was in fact a greatly improved version of the Series E 18 (see E 18/BR 118). The chassis of this series was adopted virtually unaltered with its axle configuration 1'Do1'. For the Series E 19, the suspension was improved and the power output of the motors was increased by 500 kW. In 1938, the burgundy Series E 19 01 was presented to the public for the first time. All 4 locomotives were extensively tested and eventually put into permanent service in 1939 and 1940. Like so many locomotives and train sets at the time, they were used as propaganda tools by the Nazi regime. As was the case with the steam locomotives of the Series BR 05, these locomotives were the best that Germany had to offer to the railway industry. These locomotives had a theoretical top speed of 225 km/h. To date, however, this has never been tested, as the locomotives could not come to a full standstill from that speed within the maximum distance of 1000 metres. Due to the outbreak of the Second World War, further development of the braking system was not completed. Moreover, due to the war no more E 19s were built. After WWII, the Deutsche Bundesbahn took over all four locomotives. In the early 1950s, the maximum speed was reduced to 140 km/h. The burgundy livery was then changed to the green and black and later the blue and black livery. As a home base, these locomotives were kept at Bahnbetriebswerk Nürnberg. They were mainly used on the line from Nuremberg over the Frankenwald to Probstzella in the GDR and between Nuremberg and Regensburg. These locomotives were given the running numbers 119 001, 119 002, 119 011 and 119 012. The locomotives were decommissioned between 1975 and 1978. The E 19 01 is currently still on display at the Deutsches Technikmuseum in Berlin. The E 19 12 was completely restored for the 150 Year jubilee of the German Railways in 1985 and re-sprayed in blue livery. Later, the original burgundy livery was reinstated. The locomotive is on display at the DB Museum in Nuremberg. The E 19 02 and the E 19 11 were scrapped during the 1980s.
- No. of items
- Electric locomotive
- Railroad company
- Catalogue Number
- Power supply
- AC - Alternating current
- Analogue, Digital
- In original box
- Additional information
- BR E-19, with eagle and (closed) swastika