Märklin H0 - 3456 - Electric Locomotive Series BR E-60 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG).
With original packaging but without the booklet.
Running number: E60 12
With green and grey livery.
Metal-grey roof with a black chassis.
Tested and fully functional.
Undamaged and no paintwork issues.
With a Delta decoder for use in both analogue and digital modes.
An MHI model together with the MHI leaflet.
The locomotive is in near mint condition.
This locomotive has hardly ever been used on the track layout, please see the pick-up shoe and (gear) wheels.
Please see the photos for an accurate impression of this lot.
The presentation rail is not a part of this offer.
The locomotives of the Series BR E 60 are electric shunting locomotives of Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR). From 1968, these locomotives were re-assigned to the Deutsche Bundesbahn/German Federal Railroad (DB) as Series BR 160. These locomotives were deployed from 1927 to 1983.
Development and deployment.
In the late 1920s, all the routes around the city of Munich were electrified. Hence the need arose for electric shunting locomotives at the larger station complexes. The Deutsche Reichsbahn commissioned AEG for the design and construction of the E60 series. In 1927, 2 locomotives were delivered, numbered E60 01 and E60 02. In 1928, a further 5 locomotives were delivered. In 1934, a further series of 7 locomotives were delivered. For the last 2 of this series, the electrical component was built and supplied by SSW (Siemens). For the construction of the Series BR E60 many components of the Series BR E91 and BR E 52 were used. The connection shafts came from Winterthur.
The locomotives were deployed in the State of Bavaria and were distributed amongst the depots in Munich, Rosenheim and Garmisch. From 1938 onwards they were also deployed in Austria. At the end of WW2, 7 of these locomotives were left behind in Austria but were returned in 1945 and 1946. In 1964, 4 locomotives were transferred from Munich to Heidelberg.
In circa 1960, the locomotives were upgraded and their electrical systems modernised. The window systems were renewed and adjusted and shunting platforms were added at either end.
In 1968, these locomotives were reclassified as Series BR 160 at the DB and were re-numbered from 160 001 up to 160 014. They were assigned amongst Garmisch, Rosenheim, Freilassing, Heidelberg and Treuchtlingen. In 1976, the locomotives were brought into the maintenance yards and in 1977 the first 2 were decommissioned. In 1980, only 3 of these locomotives, the 160 003 in Freilassig and the 160 009 and 160 012 in Heidelberg, were still in service. Locomotive number 160 012 remained in service for the longest period of time. This locomotive was decommissioned on the 31st August 1983 as the last of this series.
- No. of items
- Electric locomotive
- Railroad company
- Catalogue Number
- Power supply
- AC - Alternating current
- Analogue, Delta, Digital
- In original box
- Additional information
- BR E-60