Publisher’s binding with 7 issues of l'Assiette au beurre. 1905 : 216 (20/05/1905) + 245 (9/12/1905) + 257 (23/12/1905) / 1906: 249 (5/01/1906) + 250 (13/01/1906) + 251 (20/01/1906) + 252 (27/01/1901)
Difficult to find especially included in a high-quality publisher’s binding depicting a Marianne holding a lump of butter.
‘L’Assiette au Beurre’ was a French illustrated satirical magazine published between 1901 and 1936. The publication was weekly and continued until 1912. After an interruption, a second series was published monthly from 1921 to 1925, then declined and disappeared permanently in 1936.
7 subjects covered:
- Cartoons on the theme of the "Hotels des Ventes" -- No.216
- Violent criticism of the church "Les Martyrs" -- No.245
- Christmas - Religious and Political Satire--- No.257 (Numbering Error)
- Les Rois - Critique acerbe des monarchies européennes---> N°249
- Pretenders to the throne - Cartoons of the leading politicians of the III republic including future presidents of the Republic! --- No.250
- Predictions 1906--- No.251
- Crisis d’Algesiras (Morocco) - Caustic humor about Germany and the Kaiser---n; No.252
The general condition is correct despite some defects to report:
-The paper at the top of the textblock including the issues from 1906 is fragile, most likely linked to an old dampstain. This has caused the loss of small fragments of paper.
- Tear in the center of the 1906 notebook, which impacted No. 249 and 250.
-The publisher’s textblock protection is slightly faded.
- Number of Books
- History, Illustrated, Periodicals (Newpapers & Magazines), Politics
- Book Title
- L'Assiette au Beurre
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- Number of pages
- 315×240 mm