In a good vintage condition, a real Dutch design, the wire chair model SM05 as it is called today. This is an old version from the 1960s. With the original seat cushion which is discoloured and worn.
The wire steel chair is an iconic design by Cees Braakman and Adriaan Dekker, produced by Tomado for manufacturer UMS-Pastoe.
Steel wire was relatively cheap at the time and thus became the starting point for the Wire series. Nowadays the design is popular mostly due to the light and transparent application of the strong metal. Today, these stools are manufactured in different colours.
Note: Scratches, stains, paint damage and oxidation and rust formation. The base of this wire chair has been repainted matte black by the previous owner. The front of the chassis, as we can judge, has been re-welded.
Dimensions: Back height 82 cm x Width 52 cm x Depth 43 cm. Seat height: 41 cm.
Weight: 5.5 kg
- Condition in accordance with age and use, such as the usual signs of wear.
- The photos provide a correct impression of the lot on offer and show the exact condition of the item.
- You will be buying the item in the condition shown in the photos and with the dimensions as indicated in the description.
- Subject to typos
- If you encounter any problems after your purchase, please always contact the seller first before posting negative feedback so that the seller can work with you to find a solution. We can always work it out together.
Will be sent well-packaged and by registered post using PostNL Parcel service, within the Netherlands and abroad. Please also visit our Catawiki page catawiki.grooveydesign.nl with other vintage designer lots.
- Designer/ Artist
- A. Dekker, Cees Braakman
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Model/ Name
- SM05 - Wire Stool - inclusief originele zitkussen
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of ageing
- 82×52×0 cm
- 5.5 kg