Ruby necklace decorated with a finely-crafted pentagram of solid silver.
The pentagram is related to the symbolism of the number 5, the symbol of man. The human figure fits into it completely: the 4 limbs and the head, which controls the 4 elements. Star of the Microcosm or pentacle of the Will of Magic, the pentagram is used to ward off fate or as a means of appropriation.
- In Babylon, this symbol was synonymous with protection for merchants, but also a symbol of power and supremacy.
- For the ancient Egyptians, the pentagram was the star of Isis. It symbolised Mother Earth.
- In ancient Greece, the pentagram was called pentalpha.
- For the Jews, the pentagram symbolises the 5 sacred books that Moses received from God.
- For the Christians, the 5 wounds of Christ and also the 5 joys of Mary, when she became aware of the spiritual elevation of her son.
- For the Templars, the 5 branches of the stars represented nobility, chastity, courtesy, courage and honour.
- In Freemasonry, the flaming star symbolises enlightenment, knowledge or gnosis, free thought, genius and the elevation of man to great things.
- Necklace length: 49.5 cm.
- Weight: 16.66 g.
- Ruby beads: 0.3 / 0.4 cm in diameter (approximately).
- Solid silver beads.
- Sterling silver pentagram hallmarked 925: 3 x 2.5 cm (excluding the clasp).
Sterling silver spring clasp hallmarked 925. 925 silver ring. Ruby: from India, coloured oil-based treatment.
Mounting on Japanese sheathed steel wire.
Pictures taken in artificial light.
The gems are usually treated to improve the colour or clarity. No research has been conducted on this specific item.
Shipping with insurance and tracking number.
- Robijnrode ketting versierd met een sierlijk pentagram van sterling zilver
- .925 zilver, Ruby - Vijfpuntige ster - De ingewijde man
- Geschatte periode
- Na 2000
- Land van herkomst
- Uitstekende staat - nauwelijks gebruikt met minimale gebruikssporen en tekenen van ouderdom
- 0×0×49,5 cm
- 16,66 g