Beautiful original woodcut by Toyohara Kunichika, depicting the actor Bandô Mitsugorô VI as Koshimoto Okaru from the series 'Matches for the Kana Syllables' (Mitate iroha awase), published in 1866 (Keiô 2), seventh month, by Ebiya Rinnosuke.
The work is in excellent condition, the colours are bright as can be seen in the beautiful clothes that characterise the protagonist and in the beautiful landscape in the background.
There is a tiny woodworm hole on the left side of the print.
The work is also present in the collections of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.
The print will be carefully packaged and shipped via Poste Italiane.
Dimensions: 36×25×0,2. Weight: 200 g with packing.
See Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/471428
- Origineel houtblok print
- Nishiki-e (brokaat foto) polychrome houtsnede
- 1866 (Keiō 2)
- Regio / land van herkomst
- Toyohara Kunichika (1835-1900)
- Thema / voorstelling
- Ko Brigade, Vijfde Groep (Gobangumi): (Acteur Bandô Mitsugorô VI as) Koshimoto Okaru
- Redelijke staat, zie beschrijving
- 35×25×0,2 cm