Details the Crucifixion of Christ with a fine woodcut.
Large folio woodcut leaf with woodcut, hand coloured:
37.3 x 23.2 cm
Wonderful richly illustrated woodcut leaf from the exceedingly scarce first edition of the great Stumpf Chronicle, one of the greatest illustrated works on the early to mid 16th Century.
Later hand colour.
Heinrich Vogtherr (the Elder) (1490 in Dillingen an der Donau – 1556 in Vienna) was an artist, printer, poet and medical author of the Reformation period.
Hans Asper is believed to have undertaken the portraits and coats of arm
! As a Catawiki TOP and PRO Seller we are NOW able to send parcels (up to Euro 150) using Catawiki’s IOSS number. As such, this should negate many of the problems that we have been having since BREXIT.
Parcels sent via IOSS:
Will NOT be stopped at Customs,
Will NOT incur additional fees at the time of delivery,
Will NOT incur Postal Handling Costs at the border,
Make for a faster, hassle free delivery for Parcels from the UK.
- Eén vel
- Aantal boeken
- Geïllustreerd, Geschiedenis, Incunabelen en vroege drukken, Krijgsgeschiedenis, Militaria
- Auteur/ Illustrator
- Heinrich Vogtherr (the Elder) (1490-1556) - Large folio woodcut leaf.
- Crucifixion of Christ and the Comet of 43 - First Edition - 1548
- Zeer goed
- Publicatiejaar oudste item
- Eerste druk
- Oorspronkelijke taal
- Handgekleurde illustraties
- Aantal pagina‘s.
- 373×232 mm