Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
About the role
An Account Manager in our dynamic organisation contributes to the realisation of our commercial targets. You will play a key role in acquiring and onboarding the right set of sellers, that will add value to our platform.
- Identify new business, mainly through telephone (cold calling), email, field visits and fair visits focusing on all the German market
- Bring on board new sellers and build long term trusted relationships focusing on their weekly consignments
- Draw up and maintain win-win commercial agreements between Key Sellers and Catawiki
- Monitor and analyse the key accounts KPI’s and educate them on Seller statistics, category guidelines
- Reach out to key internal stakeholders on solutions for issues experienced by Key Sellers;
- Proactively suggest and follow up on opportunities for improvement to internal stakeholders;
- Draw up and maintain win-win commercial agreements between Key Sellers and Catawiki;
- Monitor and analyse the key accounts KPI’s and educate them on Seller statistics, category guidelines;
- Also, you will visit fairs to meet sellers and to extend your network.
You will be part of the Luxury department and be working for the Italian market.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor degree with minimum 2+ years of inside sales experience. Your degree is Commercial, Economics or Sales related.
- Excellent communication skills in Italian and English is a must;
- Flexibility! We are a fast growing organization where things can be different tomorrow;
- A passion for the online industry or maybe have a collection yourself so that you are able to understand the language of our sellers;
- Available for 40 hours a week;
- Capable of using Excel. We are a data-driven company.
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.