How do I pay for an object I’ve won?
When an auction ends and you’ve won the object, you can pay immediately by:
- Clicking the link provided in the email we automatically send congratulating you on your winning bid.
- Or, you can pay via your ‘Orders’ on your account on the Unpaid orders page.
If you are preparing to have multiple objects combined into the same shipment, you need to wait for each auction to close. Read this article for further details.
What are my payment options?
We support a variety of payment options at Catawiki. Your specific payment options depend on both your bidding currency and the country you live in.
- Online payment: iDEAL, Bancontact, SOFORT, EPS, Multibanco, Przelewy24, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay.
- Credit & Debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- Bank transfer. Please note that if you select to pay via bank transfer, only European SEPA Credit Transfers are available. For more information, please click here.
If you have any issues using your credit card, you can remove or add a card in your Settings under 'Payment'. If you have any questions regarding payment, please contact us.
Can I pay for my object from abroad?
Of course! You can pay from anywhere in the world by credit or debit card, or any of the other online payment methods. Your exact online payment methods will vary based on your country.
If you pay by bank transfer, only European SEPA Credit Transfers are available. For more information on this, please read below.
How do I pay by manual bank transfer?
Manual bank transfers are only available if you bid in Euros. Only European SEPA Credit Transfers are available. Stripe, our online payment processor, cannot process SWIFT transfers (also known as wire transfers) and these payments will bounce back to your bank account.
What if my SWIFT transfer did not bounce back?
If your SWIFT transfer did not bounce back, please contact us and attach a letter from your bank that explicitly states this. Stripe can then check what happened with the payment. For more information, please click here.
What are the differences between SEPA (Single Europe Payments Area) and SWIFT (Society for Worldwide InterBank Financial Telecommunications)?
- SWIFT enables money transfers internationally, while SEPA payments can only be made within the SEPA area.
- SWIFT transfers can be executed in various currencies while the SEPA payments can only be made with Euros.
Why aren't all payment methods showing in the Catawiki app?
You’re likely using an old version of the app that doesn’t support all payment methods. Simply update the app to solve the issue.
If the issue persists, try turning your phone off and on, and make sure that its operating system is up to date. You can also always pay with a desktop device.