Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo - Mulberry paper - Okada Koichi (1907-?) - 'Mount Fuji from the coast of Hagoromo' - From the series "Twelve Views of Japan" - Japan - Heisei period (1989-2019)
Koichi Okada was born in 1907 in Tokyo, studied with Ishii Hakutei and Arishima Ikuma and was a member of the art group Issuikai. Okada is known for his beautifully detailed woodblock prints depicting Mt. Fuji and is considered a true Shin-Hanga master.
The small cut in the lower right corner is not a damage to the print but a guide known as ‘kento’ to properly align the woodblocks used to apply each different colour.
First edition circa 1950. This is a later edition, printed using the original woodblocks.
This item is as new. Top condition and Vibrant colours !
Will be send worldwide with track and trace and insurance, between hardboard plates, to make folding impossible
- Αυθεντική εκτύπωση με μπλοκ ξύλου, Δημοσιεύθηκε από την Unsodo
- Εκτύπωση πολυχρωμίου ξύλου
- Περίοδος Heisei (1989-2019)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Okada Koichi (1907-?)
- Title of artwork
- 'Mount Fuji from the coast of Hagoromo' - From the series "Twelve Views of Japan"
- Very good condition, see description
- 365×240×0 mm