At Catawiki we want to ensure that the items in our auctions reflect the unique, harder to find objects of value that bidders are looking for.
This is why we have set per category a minimum estimated value a lot should achieve in auction in order to be admitted.
During lot evaluation our in-house Experts carefully review and select admittable items, considering various aspects and product characteristics that determine the quality and influence the value an item is expected to sell for in our auctions.
We are looking for a wide range of items from Asia, including:
- Objects with an Asian & Islamic origin, dated after 1200 A.D.
- Asia & Islamic world, North Africa, Arabian Peninsula, Central Asia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Iran, Islamic Balkan region, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia etc.
For our Tribal Art auctions, we’re looking for collectable items originating from:
- Africa, only sub-Saharan countries.
- Oceania, including New Zealand and Australia.
- Indonesia, both tribal and non tribal.
- Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Ethnic groups in mainland Asia like the Naga, Miao, Hmong and other Hilltribes. Shamanic items from Nepal.
- Tribal cultures in Vietnam and Taiwan.
- North, Central and South America.
- Inuit cultures (incl. Siberia).
If you need any extra guidance regarding our acceptance criteria, please find the submission guidelines attached below.