In good vintage condition, real Scandinavian design, a stainless steel water kettle by Stelton by designer Erik Magnussen.
Note: Scratches, stains and limescale. Stains and tarnish on the bottom as well.
Measurements: height 17 including handle and 10 cm with the handle folded down x diameter 18 cm.
Erik Magnussen was born in 1940, in Copenhagen. He was trained to be a potter at the school for arts and design and received a silver medal during his final examination in Copenhagen in the sixties.
Designs by Erik Magnussen are sold worldwide and are displayed in various museums all over the world. He has won many prizes for his designs, like the 'Lunning Prize' back in the sixties and the 'Furniture Prize' in the seventies. In the eighties, Erik Magnussen was nominated designer of the year by Dansk Design and he also won ID awards multiple times.
In the nineties, he received the 'Bindesbøll Medal' and 'The Red Dot Award' in the design competition 'The Design Innovations 1997' which was organised by Design Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen. Erik Magnussen also received 'The Good Design Gold Award' which was organised by the 'Japanese Industrial Design Promotion Organisation'.
- Condition in accordance with its age and use, such as the usual signs of wear.
- Please have a good look at the photos for a correct impression of the lot on offer and of the exact condition of the object.
- You are buying the item in the condition as shown in the photos and with the dimensions indicated in the description.
- Subject to typing errors
- If there are any problems after making your purchase, please always contact the seller first before posting negative feedback so that the seller can work with you to find a solution. We can always work it out together.
Well-packaged and registered shipping by PostNL Parcel service, both within the Netherlands and abroad. Please also visit our Catawiki page, catawiki.grooveydesign.nl, for other vintage design lots.
- water boiler
- Steel (stainless)
- Designer/ Artist
- Erik Magnussen
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of ageing
- 17×18×0 cm