Handbound, original half leather luxury binding on four frets and in large size, gold print, whole gold cut in better paper quality than the normal edition!
With a total of 64 artistically beautiful steel engravings by the artist Thomas Allom (British architect, painter, illustrator and lithographer) in one volume.
Outside with some slight signs of wear very good. Inside with some slight browning at margins, otherwise very good/excellent.
- Fisher, Sohn & Co., London, Paris [1841-1846], with 64 steel engraved plates. Through the picture we find a Balzacian Paris. The book attempts to bring together everything that is remarkable in France, both architecturally and scenically. The illustration accompanies the historical and descriptive text. The illustrative wealth is remarkable for that time, and we admire the castle of Pau, as well as the Pantheon, Arch of Triumph, Amphitheatre at Nismes, Place de la Concorde, Cathedral of Notre-Dame, Circle of Gavarnie and the Cathedral of Orleans. The interesting thing is that, following the trends of the time, we find in the engravings characters in historical costumes and often the place where he was.
Insured shipment with tracking ability.
- Number of Books
- Architecture, Art, History
- Author/ Illustrator
- Wright M.A. & Allom Thomas
- Book Title
- France Illustrated -Band 1 & 2
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Illustrated Edition
- Original language
- - Fisher, Son, & Co, London/ Paris
- Binding/ Material
- Half leather
- Limited edition, other extra - see description
- Number of pages
- 29×23 cm