Semi antique Kolyaei with natural dyes, abrash.
• Collectors item
• Item number : 01421
• The carpet is imported to Europe before 1/1/2015
• Country of Origin: Iran (Persian)
• Size: approx 225 cm x 150 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: Soft wool
• Chain: Cotton
• Condition: In very good condition for its age. Carpet is professionally washed and is very clean ready to use. (Please look at the pictures).
• Quality: very good
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
• With certificate of authenticity
• Fast and secure shipping via TNT/GLS. With tracking number in order to locate the parcel at any moment!
Additional costs for shipping to islands (Corsica, Sicily, etc.).
The main part of the population in Iran is of Persian origin, but there are also minorities. One of these are the Kurds who mainly live in the western parts of the country in the provinces of Kurdestan, Zandjan and Kermanshah. They used to live like nomads, but are nowadays more resident and practise agriculture and stock farming. The men can be recognized by their outfits with baggy pants and a wide belt. About five million Kurds live in Iran and large Kurdish areas can also be found in Turkey and western Iraq.
The Kurds are known as good carpet weavers. The carpets are firmly tied with a high pile and a saturated colour scale. Older Kolyaei carpets are woven on a warp of wool, while the younger has a cotton warp, both with two wefts between the rows of knots. Their patterns often have large, geometrical figures in dull colours. A pattern with small diagonally placed squares is also common.
- 225 cm
- 150 cm
- Wool on cotton
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- Mid 20th century
- Overall in good condition
- Rug professionally cleaned