Saudé (Jean). Traité d'enluminure d'art au pochoir. Précédé de notes par MM. Antoine Bourdelle, Lucien Descaves et Sem.
Paris, Editions de l'ibis, 1925.
Limited edition of 500 numbered copies. One of the 415 copies signed by the author.
Quarto, in leaves, paperboard binding illustrated with two stencils by Benedictus and Chapuis. Slipcase illustrated by stencil, the endpaper were entirely created with stencil by L. Chapuis.
Stencil illustrations in the text:
- 5 headers (including 1 by Benedictus, 1 by Brunetta and 2 by Chapuis),
- 1 cul-de-lampe (by Benedictus),
- 1 initial enhranced with gold leaf (by Brunetta),
- 8 figures (including 2 by Chapuis),
20 out of plates, including:
- Bauzée-Reynaud: Les roses (4 stages)
- Sem: Un type disparu (3 stages)
- Madelaine: Rouen
- Vignal: Sainte Marguerite
- Halouze: Le messager
- Abel Faivre: Paysage
- André Morisset: Claire de Lune (2 stages)
- Georges Lepape: La biche blanche
- A. Bourdelle: Fresque inédite
- Rodin: Esquisse
- Albert Besnard: Femme se chauffant (2 stages)
- Jean Foucquet: La ronde des lutrins
The plate (No. X) by Géo Dorival is missing.
Double publisher’s casing, faded, rubbed and with scratches but still very sound. Fresh inside (the imperfections are shown in the photos).
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Jean Saudé
- Book Title
- Traité d'enluminure d'art au pochoir. Précédé de notes par Antoine Bourdelle, Lucien Descaves Sem
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- éditions de l'ibis
- Binding/ Material
- Limited edition, Numbered edition, Signed by author, With slipcase
- Number of pages
- 34×26 cm