.833 silver peppermint box, made in 1871 by Abraham van der Sluijs, silversmith in Schoonhoven between 1857 and 1881.
Lid is filigree inlaid with shell-shapes, box has a beautiful patina, see closeup photos.
Box is in good used condition, see closeup photos.
Dimensions: height 25 mm, diameter max 55 mm.
Weight: 30.3 grams.
- on the bottom of the box: lion walking to the right - .833 silver.
- on the edge of the lid: Minerva head with letter "M" - assay office Schoonhoven.
- on the edge of the box: year letter "m" - 1871
- on the bottom of the box and the interior of the lid: master stamp "AS 127" in a square - Abraham van der Sluijs (1857-1881).
- Peppermint box
- .833 silver
- Designer/ Artist
- Abraham van der Sluijs, Zilversmid te Schoonhoven van 1857 tot 1881
- Estimated Period
- Second half 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of ageing