In good condition, a beautiful bronze Medal of Honour from the Academy of Visual Arts and Technical Sciences, Rotterdam. The decoration on one side has a winged horse (Pegasus) galloping to the left, with three coats of arms and a cogwheel underneath. The other side features a temple-like structure with two women as columns with a wreath underneath.
Signed "ATermote". On the Medal is inscription in two lines "ACADEMIE VAN BEELDENDE KUNSTEN / EN TECHNISCHE WETENSCHAPPEN / ROTTERDAM".
This Medal of Honour is in the name of: P.T. PONS 1944-1969. The designer was the Belgian/Dutch sculptor Albert Termote.
Medal of honour is still in the original box of the Royal Mint Utrecht.
Dimensions: Medal diameter 7.8 cm. Box height 2.3 cm x width 11.5 cm x depth 11.5 cm.
Albert Termote (1887-1978) was a Belgian/Dutch sculptor and studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Ghent. During the First World War he studied at the Rijksacademie in Amsterdam. His major commissions in the first years included a facade decoration for the Philips building in Eindhoven in 1925. Later came the Radio Monument in Eindhoven. Many museums have work by Albert Termote, such as Kröller-Müller Museum Otterlo and Kunstmuseum Den Haag.
- Condition in accordance with age and use, such as the usual signs of wear.
- Please take a good look at the photos to get a correct impression of the lot offered and the exact condition of the object.
- You will be buying the object in the condition shown in the photos and with the measurements as indicated in the description.
- Subject to typos
- If you have any problems after your purchase, please always contact the seller first before posting negative feedback so that the seller can work with you to find a solution. We can always work it out together.
Will be sent well-packaged and by registered post using PostNL Parcel service, within the Netherlands and abroad. Please visit our Catawiki page catawiki.grooveydesign.nl with other vintage designer lots as well.
- Medal of honor
- Designer/ Artist
- Albert Termote
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- ‘s Rijks Munt Utrecht
- Model/ Name
- Academie van Beeldende Kunsten en Technische Wetenschappen Rotterdam
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Good condition - used with small signs of ageing
- 7.8×7.8×0 cm