At Catawiki we want to ensure that the items in our auctions reflect the unique, harder to find objects of value that bidders are looking for.
This is why we have set per category a minimum estimated value a lot should achieve in auction in order to be admitted.
During lot evaluation our in-house Experts carefully review and select admittable items, considering various aspects and product characteristics that determine the quality and influence the value an item is expected to sell for in our auctions.
At Catawiki we auction minerals and meteorites gathered from all corners of the world.
For our auctions we seek and select:
- All natural and lab-grown mineral species, including:
- Well formed crystals, (single or on matrix), with minimal damage, rough gemstones and attractive massive minerals incl. polished but unsuitable for jewellery and carved items
- All natural extraterrestrial objects, incl. tektites formed by the impact of such an object with the earth's surface
- Pieces of known origin authenticity, as it is of vital importance to maintain auction credibility
- Pieces that are valued at least €75
If you need any extra guidance regarding our acceptance criteria, please find the submission guidelines attached below.