8 volumes. Complete work.
- Note: The complete work like this is rare.
Edition: Joachin Ibarra, Impresor de Cámara de S.M. - Madrid
.- 2nd edition. 1777/1779
About the author: Carlos Antonio Erra, from Milan, of the Clerics Regular of the Mother of God.
Parchment binding, white vellum.
Condition: excellent, extraordinarily well preserved. No damage to highlight. It is absolutely rare and uncommon to find such a perfect work.
- Note (for its magnificent condition, this is possibly the best copy of this work available for sale or kept in a library with an antique collection, among all those we have been able to find).
Typical white vellum parchment binding, used for theological education in Spain.
The publisher is possibly the best in Spain’s 18th century. The high quality of both edition and paper led him to become Court Printer of the Kings of Spain. Wide margins, large print, fronts, etc.
Much appreciated, he is possible the most iconic printer in the Spanish-speaking world of all time.
About the work: It's a very erudite explanatory essay. The work does not have a dogmatic nature, but is influenced by the rationalist spirit of 18th-century Spanish illustration. It has modern explanatory features. The author is highly influenced by Father Agustín Calmet and Juan Domingo Mansi.
Portrait of the author.
v 1.- xx + 1 sheet (engraving) + 446 pp.
v 2.- vi + 431 pp.
v 3.- xxiv + 535 pp.
v 4.- xii + 278 pp. + 161 pp.
v 5.- xxiv + 395 pp.
v 6.- xix + 254 pp.
v 7.- viii + 318 pp.
v 8.- xii + 366 pp.
Size per book: 21.5 x 16 x 3.5
Size per work: 21.5 x 16 x 21.5 cm
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Carlos Antonio Erra
- Book Title
- Historia del viejo y nuevo testamento.
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Original language
- Joachin Ibarra, Impresor de Cámara de S.M. - Madrid
- Binding/ Material
- Number of pages
- 21.5×16 cm