Lieve van Ollefen en R. Bakker - De Nederlandsche Stad- en Dorp-Beschrijver [...] Parts VII and VIII. (Rijnland)
- Amsterdam, H.A. Banse, 1799-1801 - Original [!] half leather binding with marbled covers - 23 x 14.5 cm.
Part VII: xvi,  pp. (in between 23 prints + map)
Part VIII: xxxii,  pp. (in between 24 prints)
- The bindings have some impact damage to corners, the spines are both missing a few small pieces of leather. The covers of part 8 in particular are somewhat damaged. The spine of part 7 has a tear in the middle of the lower half. Cracks between the flats and the back, the whole is secure!
- The interior is in excellent condition! The flyleaves have brown tips, the title pages and in part 8 also the first page has (slight) water damage.
The rest of the interior has no notable defects. Fresh and clean! Sturdy and beautiful white paper. The engravings are all in top condition just like the big map of Rhijnland! No loose pages!
These are the last 2 volumes of the series 'De Nederlandsche Stad- en Dorp-beschrijver', by L. van Ollefen and R. Bakker published between 1793 and 1801. Complete with the map and all 47(!) oval prints, approximately 7.5 x 9.5 cm, made by Anna Catharina Brouwer.
Have a look at the pictures for a good impression.
I kindly ask you not to bid on Sundays, because of my Christian identity!
- Number of Books
- Cartography, Travels
- Author/ Illustrator
- Lieve van Ollefen
- Book Title
- De Nederlandsche stad- en dorp-beschrijver [...] VII en VIII. deel. [Rhijnland]
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- H.A Banse
- Binding/ Material
- Half leather
- Number of pages
- 23×14.5 cm